We're committed to giving back.
We know we can’t do everything, but we can’t do nothing, either. DPM’s Corporate Social Responsibility Program gives everyone the opportunity to contribute to the wider community. Not only do our efforts improve the lives of others, they enrich our lives too.
DPM recognise the increasing expectation for corporate environmental responsibility and we acknowledge it with purpose.
Environmental sustainability is one of the areas of most pressing public concern; this area also has some of the greatest opportunities for action.
Reducing businesses’ footprint on the environment is an intricate game of hundreds of small decisions all adding up to measurable and significant outcomes and we acknowledge that DPM has an important part to play in this.
DPM has made some positive steps towards becoming a more sustainable and environmentally conscious organisation, but the most positive impact we can have on this planet is by educating our people and working with our Clients and Business Partners to help us all succeed at sustainability. This means continually challenging and improving sustainable outcomes across all facets of our business; and looking for new and smarter ways of doing things.
DPM has put in place initiatives, strategies and expectations that have helped lead our people and the overall organisation towards the goal of reducing our consumption and environmental impact.
Operationally we have applied the reduce, reuse and recycle ethos:
- Committed to 100% Green power for both our Melbourne and Sydney offices reducing carbon emissions.
- Engaged Planet Earth, a commercial green cleaning company that only use GECA (Good Environment Choice Australia) certified cleaning products to reduce chemical use.
- Reduced print and post by moving to electronic communication and supporting processes.
- Reduced waste by implementing a procurement policy covering the frequency of orders, product type e.g. energy star rating, recycled or sustainable products, right through to packaging type and delivery methods.
- Introduced a waste management system across 4 categories, landfill, recycling, paper/cardboard & green waste, resulting in a significant reduction in landfill waste.
- Provided reusable coffee cups to all employees along with negotiated discounts at local cafes.
- Offered employees end –of–life equipment for home offices.
- Repurposed and reused office consumables through an internal stationery amnesty program.
- E–waste is collected and repurposed through agencies that either break it down for parts or refurbish.
- Engaged in Nespresso Recycling program.
- Engaged with close the loop, a battery and toner recycling program.
The COVID pandemic has had one silver lining and that’s the positive impact on the environment globally.
We have learnt through the pandemic that our people can work remotely without all the office trimmings and consumables, directly impacting our consumption and indirectly reducing our people’s carbon footprint.
We are excited at the opportunity that this has presented to further our journey to becoming a more sustainable business.
We are evaluating our business operational footprint through the pandemic to identify what can be translated back into our new post-COVID normal business.
Did you know?
Since 1 July 2015 to 30 October 2020…
DPM for cerebral palsy Did you know 1 in 700 children are diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy? And, that Cerebral Palsy one of the most common
Got a worthy cause you’d like help with?
DPM is always on the lookout for new opportunities to support worthwhile causes in the medical community. We know there are so many deserving charities out there and because we can’t support them all, we look for unique opportunities where we can get our people involved and ensure our contribution can really make a difference. If this fits the bill for your organisation, we’d love to hear from you.